IS THERE PROPERTY TAX HELP FOR SENIOR LOW-INCOME HOMEOWNERS?
Metro has two PROPERTY TAX ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
for elderly and disabled low-income homeowners:
- Tax Relief Program - Income cannot exceed $29,860 for the 2018 calendar year. Program gives reimbursements of some of property taxes to senior homeowners.
- Tax Freeze Program - Total income of all owners of the property during 2018 cannot exceed $42,620. Property taxes are frozen at previous year’s rate. (More info HERE.)
- More info on programs is at https://www.nashville.gov/Trustee/General-Property-Tax-Questions.aspx (Scroll down)
- The deadline to renew or apply for Tax Relief and Tax Freeze has been extended to Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
- Call the Metro Trustee to apply or ask questions (615-862-6330). If you leave a message, they WILL call you back!