MISSION: To ensure that our government truly acts on behalf of all of our citizens by organizing to
- Listen to and be educated by communities on their needs and concerns;
- Engage communities on how to hold public officials accountable;
- Mobilize community voices and votes by clarifying the connection between our everyday lives and political decisions;
- Register people to vote and assist them in making sure their voter information is correct;
- Remove the barriers of voting and civic participation that target low-income community members, people of color, and other marginalized communities;
- Build infrastructure within NOAH, and mobilize NOAH members and member organizations around racial and economic justice.
How do we get people to vote?
We LISTEN to voters instead of just begging them to vote!
Voter Engagement is listening to voters by going door-to-door canvassing -- or by calling registered voters to hear their concerns. Voter Engagement is discovering interesting people with important issues! It is learning how a congregation, union, or group can be a "Voter-Hub," holding town hall meetings with voters and even offering rides to the polls.
It is all about relationships!
What makes IVE distinct from other Get Out the Vote efforts is the integration of people and the issues that matter to them into democratic processes, including elections. NOAH’s IVE Committee mobilizes people around issues that matter to them. There are many ways individuals can get involved in IVE, whether through building infrastructure in their own member organization, representing NOAH’s issue task forces on the committee, or helping to strategize and deploy IVE campaigns.
NOAH will be holding workshops to learn how to:
Talk to voters on the phone about their concerns
Have a conversation “at the door” about important issues that affect people’s everyday lives
Educate and motivate people to vote
Practice neighborhood canvassing.
"Tennessee is 45th in voter registration –
and 49th in voter turnout!"
But worse than that, our VALUES are not represented in political life.
We can change this by organizing people to VOTE on their own values and priorities!
Want to know more? Email us at [email protected] or call
Please tell your friends and members of your congregation or group!